Friday, June 20, 2014

Skinless longganisa ( Filipino sausage)

This recipe is adapted from cooknshare.com I have to modified the sugar and omit the other ingredients. 

Recipe:

2 lbs. ground pork ( I made my own ground pork using what cut I have which is pork shoulder, but store bought will do just fine)
2 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar
4 tbsp of paprika 
1 tbsp of ground blak pepper
1 tbsp of fine sea salt
2 tbsp of coconut aminos or soy sauce 
6 cloves of finely minced fresh garlic
1/2 cup of sweetener of choice if you are going to use honey I say about 1/4 cup


Method: 

Just mix everything together really well and let it sit in the fridge with cover for about 30 minutes to 1 hour so it will marinate.
Fry a sample batch so you can adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
Then divide according to your macros.
You can shape it into small logs, using cling wrap, piping bags or just oil your hands so it won't stick.
I also made a burger shape so I can use it for burgers.
Store in between parchment paper or cling wrap in a seal container and freeze.
Enjoy. 

To cook just thaw and fry in small amount of oil.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe... will try this soon! 😊

    ReplyDelete