Thursday, February 12, 2015

Funnel cake

I was experimenting in the kitchen with my lowcarb pancakes ( recipe is also here in the blog) that I thought of frying it, I had to adjust and play with the consistency to get the batter thicken for this purpose. Enjoy!



Recipe:

4 tbsp of almond flour ( honeyville)
2 tbsp of vanilla whey ( natures best perfect way, it has 1g of carb per scoop but I only use less so less carb for this recipe, I got it from amazon.com)
1 tbsp of sweetener of choice ( add only if the whey that you are using don't have any sweetener at all or you like it sweeter than normal)
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 egg
2 tbsp of melted butter
Pinch of salt
Some ghee for frying ( or butter, if you are going to use any other type of oil I honestly don't know if it will yield the same taste, the batter absorb the fats that you are using so please use butter or ghee)



Method:
1.Just mix all the dry ingredients
2. Melt the butter ( I use microwave )
3.Then add the egg and the melted butter
4. Whisk it to mix well ( use a wire whisk it adds volume and some air to the batter)
5. Cover the bowl and put in the fridge, the colder the better so that the melted butter will help the batter to thicken
 ( about 30 minutes to one hour)
6. Transfer in a ziplock or piping bag
7. Cut the tip of the ziplock ( I find that the batter expand while I'm frying it so I only cut a small hole)
8. Pipe it in the ghee ( just be artsy with it) Fry in the ghee or butter, flip the batter gently if you want both sides crispy.
9. This batter will be enough for two servings. 
10. You can serve this with sugar free syrup or sprinkle it with a mix of cinnamon and sweetener of choice. Or I really liked it with chocolate sauce ( just chocolate chunks and heavy cream and nuke it or melt it, easy!)




No comments:

Post a Comment