Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Blueberry gelatin jelly

Recipe:
1 cup of water
1 cup of frozen blueberries ( or any berries of choice)
2 tsp of gelatin ( I used greatlakes unflavored gelatin)
2 tbsp of sweetener of choice


Method:
In a sauce pan boil the water and the blueberries 
Take it out and put in a jar or deep bowl
I used a hand held blender to purée it
If you don't have hand held blender, you can use a regular blender or food processor ( just make sure to process it really good)
Put it back in the saucepan in medium heat and add the sweetener of choice and gelatin
Using wire whisk, mix till the gelatin dissolves.
Transfer in a jar or deep bowl
Cover and let it set in the fridge
When it sets, use a fork to mix it to get the "jelly" "jam" texture
After mixing it using a fork I then transfer it to a jar where I'm going to keep it 
Very yummy!! 
Of course it has gelatin so I suggest always keep it in the fridge, and spread it on top of another spread before putting it on a bread so it won't melt. In my case I spread my peanut butter first then on top of peanut butter I then put the gelatin jelly and not directly to a hot bread. 


No comments:

Post a Comment